Tomorrow Will Be Different Book Giveaway
Official Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Giveaway is open only to Georgia residents 18 or older at the time of entry.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of HRC Atlanta as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Tuesday, March 6, 2018 and ending Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 11:59pm EST. All online entries must be received by Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 11:59pm EST.
- How to Enter: The Giveaway must be entered by commenting on one of the posts promoting the Giveaway on the HRC Atlanta Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HRCAtlanta . The entry must include (a) a brief description of why equality is important to you, and (b)the hashtag #TWBDGiveaway, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of HRC Atlanta. You may enter only once. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of HRC Atlanta.
- Prizes: The Winner of the Giveaway (the “Winner") will receive a copy of the book “Tomorrow Will Be Different: Love, Loss, and the Fight for Trans Equality” by Sarah McBride The retail value of the prize is $26. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by HRC Atlanta. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at HRC Atlanta’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for HRC Atlanta to use Winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notiﬁcation: Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be notified via Facebook within three (3) weeks following selection of Winner. HRC Atlanta shall have no liability for Winner's failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e—mail or other security settings or for Winner's provision of incorrect or otherwise non—functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at HRC Atlanta sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (comment and hashtag), You understand and agree that HRC Atlanta, anyone acting on behalf of HRC Atlanta, and HRC Atlanta licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Giveaway, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party's proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of HRC Atlanta. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless HRC Atlanta from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which HRC Atlanta may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party's right.
- Terms & Conditions: HRC Atlanta reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond HRC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case, HRC Atlanta may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by HRC Atlanta. HRC Atlanta reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. HRC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaway, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, HRC Atlanta reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless HRC Atlanta and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, volunteers, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant's participation in the Giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Giveaway IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Giveaway, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of Georgia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney's fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Giveaway). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Giveaway is HRC Atlanta. The giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Sarah McBride or, her publisher.
- By entering the Giveaway, You, the Contestant, have afﬁrmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Ofﬁcial Rules.